Bloom Hemp is a Colorado-headquartered CBD brand established in 2019. It was created with a mission to create a community that lives healthier and happier through ‘everything hemp.’ It has a fairly decent CBD inventory comprising CBD tinctures, softgels, and topicals but also sells different cannabinoid isolates and hemp edibles. Generally, it is a well-established brand, considering that it has been USDA-certified since its existence, offers all three types of CBD formulations, has a military veteran discount, and offers free shipping for orders worth $99 and above. Nonetheless, it has a few areas to improve, including its narrow product inventory, absence of a money-back guarantee for refunds, and the large variances in CBD concentrations. Below is the full 2022 review for Bloom Hemp.
About the Company
Bloom Hemp was launched in 2019 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. It is fairly young in the CBD industry, but it is picking up quite well, especially because of the medical doctor in the team, who is also the brand’s managing director. It sources its hemp from a local Dillion farm that follows sustainable organic practices. The brand uses the hemp to produce broad- and full-spectrum CBD products, including softgels, tinctures, topicals, concentrates, and other cannabinoid isolates.
According to the website, the brand was founded in 2019, courtesy of its CEO, Thomas Snachkenberg, who had been on a mission to make hemp useful in making supplements and fabric. As such, the brand’s mission is to create a community that uses ‘all things hemp’ to live healthier and happier and change the entire world. To live up to its mission, the brand uses organic, non-GMO hemp to manufacture CBD products and has USDA and FDA certifications for organic practices. Moreover, it conducts 3rd party tests to examine its products for CBD/THC potencies and contaminant purity. It tests for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, microbials, and mycotoxins.
The following specs are true to Bloom Hemp and define its operations;
- It uses organic, non-GMO hemp
- Extract formulations include full- and broad-spectrum CBD, as well as isolates for other cannabinoids
- Extract consumption methods include edibles, CBD topicals, softgels, tinctures, pet products, isolates, and concentrates
- CBD products cost $16.99 to $64.99
- The average price point of the products is $0.02- $0.1 per mg CBD
- Shipping take place to all the USA states and Canada
- USDA-certified for organic practices
- Military veterans offered discounts
- There is no money-back guarantee
- The clean and safe CO2 extraction method used to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces
- The total CBD concentrations for the brand’s products range from 59.99 to 1200 mg
Hemp quality is directly proportional to the quality of the final CBD products. This means that if high-quality hemp is used, the resultant CBD products will also be high-quality. As such, reputable brands source their hemp from reputable farms, and Bloom Hemp is no exception. It partners with Dillion farms, a local hemp grower in Colorado. The hemp plants herein are organic and non-GMO, and the farms utilize sustainable organic practices. This means that no pesticides, herbicides, or solvents are present in the products, as seen in the contaminant test results available online.
The shopping experience on Bloom Hemp’s website is generally enjoyable. The website is simple and allows for easy navigation, and one shops intrusively, based on his preferences. The ‘Products’ section of the web groups products by categories, including concentrates, essentials, tinctures, topicals, and softgels. Shopping entails picking a product of interest and adding it to the cart. Once done, the system prompts you to check out and fill in billing and physical location details. There is a 50% off for military veterans, and new buyers are also offered a discount. As such, a buyer provides proof as requested by the website, and when approved, he gets the discount. Bloom Hemp offers free shipping for orders worth $99, and anything below this is charged differently as calculated by the website. If a client is dissatisfied with a product, he cannot return it since Bloom Hemp does not have a money-back guarantee.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not control the production of CBD products. As such, all CBD brands are required to conduct 3rd party tests as part of being transparent. Such tests are quality and control procedures and examine CBD items for CBD and THC potencies and contaminant purity. Bloom Hemp complies with these recommendations and tests all its products for potency and purity. Moreover, all the test results are availed on the website on the Quality and Testing section for viewership. In case one cannot find the lab results for the products he ordered, he can contact the brand via an email address provided on the website, and he will have the results sent.
As far as accuracy is concerned, Bloom Hemp has a long way to go. The lab results on the website indicate the CBD potencies are far from what’s indicated on the labels, and the brand needs to improve here. For instance, we ordered the 1200 mg Essential Body Tincture and were shocked to know that the actual total CBD concentration is 1752 mg. This is a deviation of 552 mg, translating to a 46% variance, which is way higher than the 10% acceptable limit. Still, the total THC concentration in the tincture was less than 0.3% which is the acceptable limit, and it was well within range. Lastly, Blood Hemp tests all items in its inventory for contaminants, and the tincture passed the test for all standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, microbials, mycotoxins, and residues.
Bloom Hemp sources its hemp from Colorado, where it partners with the local Dillion farms to get high-quality hemp. The Dillion farms practice organic farming, meaning no solvents, pesticides, fertilizers, or herbicides are featured in the hemp growing cycle. Besides, the farms practice crop rotation, showing their respect and value for the environment. The hemp herein grown is organic and non-GMO, and is available in various strains, all of sustainably and organically grown.
Once the hemp plants are mature, the flowers are harvested and prepared for processing. The brand uses the clean CO2 extraction method to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces, resulting in THC-free, full-spectrum, and different cannabinoid isolated extracts. To increase bioavailability, the brand uses MCT oil on certain products. The next stage is quality and control obligations for 3rd party testing where Bloom Hemp contracts independent labs to examine the products for CBD/THC potencies and contaminant purity, after which the results are posted online.
Range of Products
Bloom Hemp has a decent product inventory, featuring the following items;
Bloom Hemp Foods
Bloom Hemp has an edible line that features hemp foods. These contain hemp since they are prepared from hemp seeds but lack CBD. You can enjoy Bloom Hemp foods as hemp seeds and hemp butter.
Bloom Hemp Isolates
Blood Hemp takes care of consumer who prefer concentrates by offering an isolate line featuring various cannabinoids. For instance, you can buy isolates for CBD, CBN, and CBG, since these are what the brand offers now. Each feature 1000 mg of whichever isolate and cost $19.99, revealing a $0.02 per mg price point.
Bloom Hemp Pet Products
Do you have a furry friend? Get him some amazing pet products from Bloom Hemp. The brands markets CBD items for pets, include hemp rope, elk antler, tinctures, joint chews, and multivitamins. The total CBD concentrations for the pet items range from 75 mg to 665 mg, while the potencies range from 2.5 mg/unit to 11.67 mg/ml. The cheapest and the most expensive pet items cost $24.99 and $64.99, revealing an average price point of $0.1 to $0.4 per mg CBD.
Bloom Hemp Softgels
You can also buy Bloom Hemp’s softgels that come in broad- and full-spectrum formulations. Each gel contains 25 mg CBD, and is taken orally. Besides, they are all USDA-certified, and come in 30-count jars. Each softgel category costs $49.99, revealing a $0.07 per mg price point.
Bloom Hemp Tinctures
Bloom Hemp CBD tinctures come in THC-free and full-spectrum formulations. They feature 20 ml bottles, and had 600 or 1200 mg total CBD concentration. The tinctures are fortified with hemp seed and MCT oils for increased bioavailability. According to the website, the oils are taken orally or sublingually for faster absorption.
Bloom Hemp Topicals
The brand’s topical line features THC-free balms, full-spectrum and THC-free lotions, and full-spectrum roll-ons for evenings and mornings. The total CBD concentrations for the topical products vary from 100 to 500 mg. They cost $19.99 to $39.99, revealing a $0.08 to $0.25 per mg CBD price point.
What We Like About the Company
Our review appreciated many things about Bloom Hemp, including;
- Once an order hits $99 and above, free shipping is guaranteed
- The website is simple and easily navigable, allowing users to have a great shopping experience
- Bloom Hemp provides full- and broad-spectrum CBD products and isolates of various cannabinoids, including CBN and CBG
- The brand offers mainstay CBD products, including tinctures, topicals, and softgels, and also deals in hemp edibles
- The organic practices encouraged by the brand and practiced by its partners are not only sustainable, but add up to product safety
- Bloom Hemp reasonably prices its products, which is why it boasts a large loyal customer base
- Formulating products with MCT oil helps increase their bioavailability once in the human system
- The brand diligently conducts 3rd party tests for its products, examining them for CBD and THC potencies, as well as contaminant purity
- All the results are posted online, and the brand sends certificates of analysis (CoA) for products whose lab reports cannot be located online
- The website boasts multiple means of reaching the customer care desk, and the online agents are responsive
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Although we appreciated many things about Bloom Hemp, the brand needs to improve several areas. For instance;
- The $99 free shipping threshold is high, and may not be attained by all clients
- Some products, including the Essential Body Tinctures, posed higher CBD variances, even surpassing the acceptable limits
- The brand does not have a money-back guarantee, meaning that dissatisfied clients cannot return products
- Some products, including what we ordered, lacked batch numbers, making it hard to match them with the lab results available on the website
- Bloom Hemp’s CBD inventory is narrow and needs to be expanded for the brand to win an even larger loyal customer base
Bloom Hemp is a young CBD brand but it is trying to establish itself. It is USDA-certified and uses organic, non-GMO hemp to manufacture its CBD products. It has a narrow product inventory featuring topicals, tinctures, hemp edibles, isolates, and pet items. Although it offers free shipping for orders worth $99 and above and military veteran discounts, it does not allow refunds. As such, the brand needs to improve the mentioned areas to perform better in the CBD arena.